Chicken Zoodle Soup
Yields: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound (3 medium-sized) zucchini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and rosemary until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaf and 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and chicken; reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary and parsley, if desired.
Recipe from: https://damndelicious.net/2016/01/13/chicken-zoodle-soup/